Fundamentally tested with a unique algorithm, we present to you the best free plagiarism checker tools. To begin with, let us reassure you that we have appropriately compiled the best free plagiarism checker tools for students, researchers, teachers, educational institutes and blogs.
If you’ve been frantically searching for the best free plagiarism checker which does justice to your work, you’ve come to the right place. The list down below will give you free plagiarism checker tools based on precision and your usability status.
Top 10 Best Plagiarism checker
1) SmallSEOTools (highly recommended) –
- It’s a free plagiarism checking tool
- Sentence wise result helps you to make corrections minutely
- Tracks plagiarism very fast
- The only free plagiarism checking tool with a 1000 word limit, others have a maximum of 300 word limit. A tried and tested Student buddy
- The plagiarised text will not be highlighted in the report, but the plagiarised sentences will be highlighted specifically
- The source of plagiarism is not provided separately
All in all, this is one recommended best free plagiarism checker, it is a student buddy and with its overall database is perfect for short snippets.
Scores 80% in precision and usability altogether.
2) Grammarly –
Designed for educationists, blog and researchers, one of the
Priced at – $29.99 for one month (more affordable when opted for a yearly plan)
- Globally note-worthy grammar and spelling checker used all around
- Easiest user-friendly interface
- Powered by quite an extensive ProQuest’s database classes for a world-class plagiarism checker
- Detects exact similarities, sometimes hard to detect patchwork plagiarism
All in all, a plagiarism checker best software with 100% score in usability, 70% of precision records.
3) Copyscape –
Top in the list of best free online plagiarism checker after SmallSEOtools. Advised for website owners and bloggers.
- Base Copyscape is a free plagiarism checking tool. Premium searches cost as low as 0.3$ per 200 words.
- Highly known amongst users who want to see if their content is being plagiarized. Copyscape comes with an entire list of posts which might have used your content and plagiarized.
- Website owners and bloggers can see where all they suspect their content being used.
- CopySentry feature provides an automatic service which detects copycat on your website.
- Students and teachers will have to rely on premium searches, though they don’t cost much, Copyscape is a pretty affordable tool.
All in all, this is a free plagiarism tool which scores 100% in the usability specifically for bloggers and website owners. With its huge database, it provides a great deal of 75% precision.
4) Quetext –
Quetext stands amongst the top plagiarism checkers like Grammarly.
Quetext offers a free option with limited three searches and three reports.
For unlimited plagiarism checks, you need to pay for the “Pro” version, which costs $9.99 per month.
- Clutter-free plagiarism checker
- Almost no ads
- DeepSearch feature which boasts a 95% precision record. It allows Quetext to search the entire web for plagiarism.
- Citation Assistant feature helps you cite quotes or sources if necessary, instead of deleting phrases.
- Difficulty in checking plagiarism for scholarly articles
All in all, Quetext is a solid option when it comes to a dexterous, accurate and 80% usability score and precision score.
5) Copyleaks –
- A free option available with 10 pages/250 words per page, monthly limit.
- Powered by AI and Machine learning technology
- It is highly convenient as it scans extensively through the web.
- Supports multiple languages and file formats.
- Has an android application for better usage guaranteed which can scan text on your smartphone using OCR technology
- Might become fully paid in the future.
All in all, perfect software for short while usage, boasts highly advanced technology and database, gains itself a score of 98% in precision and usability.
6) Turnitin –
There couldn’t be a better software than this to be used by educational institutes and students. Turnitin is one of the highly renowned software used by IB world schools (International Baccalaureate) all over the world.
- Two of the best features which no other plagiarism software provides.
- Revision Assistant: which helps you with real-time insights to improve your work by giving unplagiarized suggestions.
- Feedback studio: highly used plagiarism software with the entire web’s database at its hands.
- It doesn’t come for free, neither does it have a specific plan. If you need Turnitin, you will have to reach out to its sales and buy a package deal depending on the number of users.
All in all, Turnitin is one of the best plagiarism checking tools available to date for institutional purposes. It scores 95% in precision and usability.
7) Semrush extension –
Comes with a 7-day free trial, this is an extension to Google docs and WordPress. SEMrush Guru and Business plan free trial:
- 5 checks per month for Guru subscription
- 10 checks per month for Business subscription
- Google extension/ add-on
- Backed by a highly intensive database
- Best for bloggers as this is an in-built extension to WordPress also
- Helps with the originality of content within a few seconds
- Additional suggestions to improve your work
- Works in all languages
- This is an additional feature to the SEM writing assistant, its major focus is not plagiarism detection. Although, it is a smart add-on by Google docs so it is worth checking out.
All in all, this extension works well to decorate your work from ideation to originality. Scores 65% in usability and precision for the free version, paid has its own advantages.
8) Pro writing aid –
This smart extension tells you to beware of free plagiarism checkers online, it says they rob you of your own work and don’t style originality. It comes with 4 plans –
- 10 checks – $1000
- 100 checks (Most popular) – $4000
- 500 checks – $12000
- 1000 checks – $20000
- Comes in all languages, helps with grammar, acts as an editor, provides suggestions.
- This extension works best for education institutes, wherein they can purchase a whole plan lasting aptly.
- Highlights plagiarized text and also detects verbatim and patchwork
- Plagiarism checker is one of the features and again not the main hero of this add-on. It’s not free either.
All in all, this add-on works best for institutions only, students also in some case because it is a handy editor, grammar nazi and also abundant with writing aid. Scores 75% in precision and usability.
9) iThenticate –
One of the successfully acclaimed plagiarism checker used by scholars, researchers and publishers. By far the best plagiarism checker for research papers.
- Easy to use yet a detailed report with verbatim highlighted
- The database includes 93% of Top Cited Journal content and 70+ billion current and archived web pages.
- Best for technical plagiarism (scientific terminology, historic fact checks etc)
- Has different plans for individual usage and organizational usage.
- Customized plans for organizational usage.
- Advanced support and features are not available for individual access plans, they can only be availed by organizations.
All in all, iThenticate is a reliable and most trusted software amongst scholars, graduate students and researchers. It scores 87% in precision and usability.
10) Unicheck –
Free plagiarism checking tool here has a limit of a maximum of 200 words.
Unique pricing per page, starting from $5 for 20 pages to $600 for 10000 pages and customized pricing furthermore.
- Provides bulk file checking
- Everyday updation of the database to enhance the originality feature
- It calculates total similarity score, contains a clickable list of matching sources, highlights citations, references, and any similarity inside the text.
- 200-word limitation for a free trial
All in all, a highly advanced plagiarism checker tool, works wonders with its thought of pricing and frequently updated technology. Scores 95% in usability and precision.
Hope you find your plagiarism checking tool, apt for your work! Let us know which one helped you the most.