Despite promising to release public versions of iOS 13, iPadOS and macOS Catalina only in early July, Apple launched testing of these updates for everyone today. To install the Public beta, you will need a couple of simple steps and a little time.
iOS 13 can be installed on the following iPhone models:
- iPhone XS & XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- Phone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
iPadOS can be installed on the following iPad models:
- iPad 5 and 6 generations
- iPad Pro 12.9
- iPad Pro 11
- iPad Pro 10.5
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad mini 4 and 5 generations
- iPad Air 2 and 3 generations
How to install the public beta version of iOS 13 and iPadOS:
- Before installing the update, be sure to back up your system so that if necessary you can roll back to iOS 12.4 and restore all data. This can be done through iTunes or Settings → Apple ID → iCloud on the iPhone and iPad.
- Please note that all actions with your device you do at your own peril and risk. In the event of problems caused by using the beta version of iOS 13 or iPadOS, all responsibility falls only on you – and even Apple will not be guilty of that.
- Go to the Apple beta site , click Sign Up and fill in the Apple ID account used on your devices;
- Go through Safari via this link and download the profile;
- Go to “Settings” → “Basic” → “Profile”, select the line iOS 13 & iPadOS 13 Beta Software Profile and click “Install”. Confirm the action by entering the security code;
- Restart your smartphone / tablet, go to “Settings” → “Basic” → “Software Update” and start installing the beta version of the update.